TheTin Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Personal Data and how we will treat it.
In this Policy the following words will have the following meanings:
- TheTin Limited / we / our
- a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04237948 whose registered office is 5-6 Newbury Street, London, EC1A 7HU;
- Data Protection Laws
- means any applicable law relating to the processing, privacy, and use of Personal Data, including (a) in the United Kingdom, (i) the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, SI 2003/2426, and any laws or regulations implementing Directive 2002/58/EC (ePrivacy Directive); and/or (ii) the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), and/or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations (Revised UK DP Law) (b) in member states of the European Union, the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive, and all relevant member state laws or regulations giving effect to or corresponding with any of them; and (c) any judicial or administrative interpretation of any of the above, any guidance, guidelines, codes of practice, approved codes of conduct or approved certification mechanisms issued by any relevant supervisory authority;
- Personal Data
- means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ("Data Subject"); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person and where referred to in this policy includes special categories of personal data.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by contacting us via our website at www.thetin.net (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, and personal description.
Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties, including Pearlfinder Ltd which provides us with information about potential new customers, and analytics providers such as Google Analytics. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information about Google Analytics.
Uses made of the information
We will only use your Personal Data to the extent that the law allows us to do so. Under the GDPR we will rely on the following legal bases for processing your Personal Data:
- where you have given us your consent;
- where it is necessary to perform a contract we have entered into or are about to enter into with you;
- where it is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not override those interests.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to process an enquiry received from you, or responding to an expression of interest in one or more of our products and services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide your information to our marketing department who may contact you by post, telephone or email to request feedback and comments on our services or to provide information to you which may be of interest to you;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, you will be able to withdraw your consent by contacting Michael Christopher Reed - [email protected];
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- if applicable processing your application for employment and we shall retain a copy of your CV in case of suitable future opportunities.
Information we receive from other sources. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to provide you with information about goods or services that may interest you.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; and
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if TheTin Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our standard terms and conditions of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of TheTin Limited, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Retention of Personal Data
- We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected your Personal Data.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of that Personal Data, the purposes for which we process your Personal Data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Data (commonly known as a ‘subject access request’). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- Object to processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your Personal Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Persona Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data to another party.
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”). If you have any complaints about the way in which we process your Personal Data please do contact us, as set out below. Alternatively you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the ICO.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your Personal Data, object to the processing of your Personal Data, or request that we transfer a copy of your Personal Data to another party, please contact Michael Christopher Reed - [email protected]; using the details provided in section 10.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.